Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Tenderloin

There are days that doing a meal in a slow cooker is the way to go. Everything in one pot, turn the pot on, and have the rest of the day to do what you please. One might also say that a slow cooker is a boon during the summer months, as there is no need to turn on the stove or oven. But because I am a loon, I made this slow cooker meal on the same day that I baked bread and roasted off tomatoes. So much for keeping the kitchen cool.

But I digress...I've prepared pork tenderloin in a variety of ways, but never in a slow cooker. After reading over this recipe (courtesy of Add a Pinch), I knew I needed to make it.

After removing any fat and silver skin from my pork tenderloin, I plopped it in the insert of my slow cooker.

Then chicken stock, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey, red pepper flakes, and chopped garlic were whisked together and poured over the pork.

 

I turned the setting to low heat and let it do its thing for about seven hours. As an aside, I turned the pork over about halfway through to make sure both sides were covered in the sauce.

When the pork was done, I got to work shredding it up.


I put the pork back in the cooker, kept the heat on low, added some chopped zucchini, and let it cook until the veg was done to our liking -- only about 25 minutes.

The final plating:

I served the pork, the oh-so-delicious sauce, with the zucchini and rice. The pork, not surprisingly, was incredibly tender and soaked up the sauce like nobody's business.

We had some pork leftover and David suggested serving it with some potatoes would be nice. So I made a hash and served it with a fried egg on top.

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment