Saturday, March 14, 2015

Buttermilk Banana Bread

Now that I am on a tear making my own cultured butter, I wanted to play around with the reserved buttermilk.

Believe it or not, the first day I made butter, this recipe appeared on my News Feed from the I Am Baker website. Coincidence? Hmmm...

I got to work.

First I sifted together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Next came creaming my butter and sugar, then adding the eggs, one at a time. The buttermilk and vanilla joined the party and everything whisked away until just combined.

The flour didn't want to be left out, so that got added into the mix, again until just combined.

I had already thawed out some mashed bananas that were hanging out in the freezer and folded them into the batter.


Into a greased and floured loaf pan, and it was time for the oven.


It took about 55 minutes for the bread to bake and for a toothpick to come out clean.

The taste? Moist and not over-the-top sweet. My kind of bread. It must have been something others liked, 'cause there wasn't one piece left from the slices I took over to our weekly pool party.

No comments:

Post a Comment