Monday, February 23, 2015

Butter (Quick and Easy)

One of the quirks of living in Corozal is that there are times when certain grocery store items disappear from the shelves. Right now, the missing item is butter.

This is the brand I use. 


Actually, it's about the only brand to choose from, unless you prefer margarine or canned butter.


During a previous butter shortage, I did try the canned stuff. But I really didn't like the taste.

Instead of waiting and hoping for the reappearance of butter, I decided to make my own.

It's dead easy and fast to do.

I took two bags of cream and poured them into the bowl of my standing mixer.


Using the whisk attachment, I beat the cream on medium speed. It started to thicken, go into a whipped state, then the water started to separate from the solids. At that point, I lowered the mixer speed, so as to not have the water flying about outside the bowl.



I put the solids in a cheesecloth lined colander and let it finish draining off any remaining water.

End result? Badda Bing, Badda Bam, Butter!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you discovered cultured butter and I discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete