Saturday, January 17, 2015

Honey Mustard Chicken

We eat lots of chicken, which is something we also did in the States. As a result, I'm always looking for new ways to make it. 

This recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken caught my eye, so I decided to give it a go. 



The overall flavor combo of the honey, mustard, and rosemary was great. And the chicken thighs turned out nice and juicy. The problem we had was that the flavors didn't permeate the chicken. Rather the the sauce was mostly on the chicken skin, which we generally don't eat.

Next time, I want to take the sauce ingredients and use it as a marinade. I'm thinking if I let the thighs sit in the marinade for a couple of hours, it might make a difference in the absorption of the flavors. 

And if I reserve some of the marinade, it could then be basted on the thighs while they're cooking. 

Because this chicken recipe is on the sweet side, I wanted something a bit salty to balance it out. 

I boiled some potatoes in salted water, drained them, mushed them just a bit with a fork, drizzled some of the sauce over them, then sprinkled some capers. 

Along with some steamed carrots, our plating was complete and yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment