Sunday, January 11, 2015

Smashed Potatoes with Sherry Vinegar

I wanted to do something different with potatoes to serve with some leftover chicken and gravy. So I made these roasted smashed potatoes with sherry vinegar. 



Easy to do -- I took two large potatoes, quartered them, and popped them into salted water. Let them cook for about 15 minutes. After draining them, I put the taters on a wire rack to dry out for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, I oiled a sheet pan. The potatoes were then transferred to the sheet pan, and using the bottom of a measuring cup, I smashed each of the quarters. Each bit was then basted with some sherry vinegar, the I put the pan in a pre-heated, 500-degree oven for about 20 minutes. When they were out of the oven, the potatoes were given another quick baste with the vinegar and sprinkled with black pepper. 

They tasted awesome! The bottom of the potatoes are crunchy, but the inside is still moist and fluffy. And the vinegar gave the whole shooting match a lovely kick. 


Will definitely make these again and want to try using malt vinegar too (when I can find some).

No comments:

Post a Comment